Friday, January 16, 2009

My School Life

I don’t think this is much of a topic but I still reckon it is worth enough to be posted. This might make you think about your own school life where you made your first friends.

Driven by sheer boredom I slipped into my cousin’s room who is currently doing second year-Higher secondary. Books were scattered all over his table. There, a slam book was lying in the midst of his crammed books. I knew it is not a decent thing to read someone else’s slam. But I did. I was so very curious that I couldn’t resist it. I took the book, cozily sitting by the table and started skimming through pages. Had he known what I was doing, he would have kicked me out of his room.

No good English, no good grammar, no big words but one thing was right to the point –‘They are going to miss each other’. I can feel their agony in the words as I had underwent the same pain before three years.

Coming back to my home, I took my own slam book and started reading it. It took about one hour to read the book. Then I stayed aloof and started thinking over my school life-right from KGs through higher secondary. I did my schooling in Prince Matric. If you ask anyone about my school they would say it was a jail. But certainly those days were celestial.

Pretty normal school which expects every one to abide by the rules, failing so, one should come with their parents the very next day. My school is not the best when it comes to extra-curriculum. A very small ground which is used as parking cum playground. We spent most of our time in dealing with the Academics while we spared less time for playing. But still I would say those days were good.

Heavy bags, copied home-works, bloody impositions, merciless teachers, class tests, term tests….we were never let free. But still I would say those days were good. We were supposed to be disciplined in and out of the campus. If not, we were rebuked. Like we cared about that!!!!

Shabby presentation, just managing to pass in all subjects, those acrimonious comments from my father, but still I would say those days were good.

Tightly scheduled tuition, small breaks, bunking classes, wandering around in cycles, getting caught, deserved punishments-but still I would say those days were good.

Our farewell party - most unlikely there was no interaction between the juniors and us. In other words I could say that it was just a formality. That day my Princi gave a brief speech. Even though it was an amateur’s speech I felt that it was the best day in my school life.

Higher secondary - we were no more kids. We were going to leave our school and keep moving in our life. The mere thought of being separated from my friends was painful. I had no idea what I was going to do without my fellow mates. Finally I had to come out. The last day of my school-I still remember, I felt dejected. Controlling every emotions, saying goodbye to my friends, I came out of my school.

I wish I were a school kid again. I know that it is not going to happen. I feel like I miss the longest and most interesting phase of my life. It took some time for me to accept the fact that I would never be back to that school as a student. Ah yeah!!!!!!!At last it seems like I am being nostalgic.

3 comments:

  1. your language is quiet admirable!!..nice piece of work..but i don't think this kind topics fetch u more comments..especially interesting ones...don think i'm abasing u..having a vast knowledge of english words u can try ur hand in some more eye-attracting n current affairs related topics..al d best..expecting a lot of stuffs 4m u..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pure talent[wink].Writing an entire blog with absolutely zero[cipher][nil][zilch] content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey karthi...... u wrote abt our school lif bt not many wil be interested in knowing those usual stuffs da .... but i enjoyed it really ....... bcoz i also experienced the same things .......try writing differently da......

    ReplyDelete